"Ty's Hope: The Beginning of The Hope Center" -
is the story about how Pastor Ty & Terri Schenzel and Pastor Jeff Saxton led their rag-tag group of youth ministry leaders to literally risk all, and begin serving, helping and eventually living in and around the North Omaha area.
This local mission included:
- stepping out of their comfort zone,
- moving within ear-shot of the hood gun-shot
- risking their lives, literally - including many dangerous and life-threatening scenarios
- witnessing murders, ambushes, drug busts and all that goes on in the hood.
- investing in those inner city youth that made the decision to be part of the solution.
You will not believe the adventures we all experienced as we followed Ty WHERE NO SUBURBAN MAN HAD GONE BEFORE!
Every time I have shared these stories to producer friends, people in the film and book publishing industry, they have declared that this book has everything they are looking for.
HERE IS WHY THIS STORY IS SO IMPORTANT:
The reason a book, and very possibly a movie about this story is so important:
1. To help bring racial reconciliation and understanding to the races in USA and beyond
2. To bring awareness to people of ways they can help the inner cities of the nation and world
3. To inspire Christians to pray - how prayer was KEY to the creation of THE HOPE CENTER in Omaha. NE
4. To encourage people that God does miracles right in front of our eyes when we trust him and follow His leading
5. To give faith to people that God can use ANYONE he chooses to do great things!
WHAT DOES THIS BOOK MEAN FOR YOU?
If you feel spiritually drained and in need of a re-charge...
If you feel lost and somewhat unneeded at church in the Sunday morning production...
Then this book might be the perfect prescription to recharge you. And this story can show you how you can make a difference in the life if even 1 child/teenager in the hood.
If want to see a faith film or faith book with edge-of-your-seat excitement and an eternal and socially conscious message -
ABOUT THE AUTHOR - JEFF SAXTON
- I am the published author of "The New Pharisee" (2015),
- Amazon Bestselling Co-Author of "Pebbles in The Pond, Vol 2"
- Writer/Director of the feature film "Heart of The City" (2008)
- Lifetime Judge/Member of the Telly Awards Silver Council
Before this, I was a youth pastor for over a decade full-time. My first major ministry position was offered to me by Ty Schenzel when he asked me to come be his assistant and ministry partner.
I of course have first-hand experience with this story because I was with Ty at his oft-repeated request: "I want you to be with me wherever I go."
Author Jeff Saxton
WHAT IS NEEDED RIGHT NOW TO GET THIS BOOK OUT?
We are choosing to crowdfund this book for the following reasons:
- EXTRA COSTS: Having published 2 books with traditional publishers, as well as self published several other books I can tell you that a book like this has extra costs - even just getting interviews with key people, and getting their permission on paper is a big job.
- MULTIPLY SALES: Crowdfunding offers the potential to get more people involved early in the process for future sales opportunities
- NOT FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT : Youth Ministry is one step above making a vow of poverty. I do not have a huge savings or investment fund to fall back on.
- START UP COSTS: Media and Speaking Opportunities abound. I am certain that the book sales networking will build and build. But starting out, you are really beginning as a start up with no capital. Crowdfunding offers the ability to get the cash flow start up soon so that the book can be written, published and marketed.
- QUICK BOOK TURNAROUND: I am a fast writer and usually very perfectionistic with my writing even the first draft. I make pro book editors very happy because they often have little work to do. 🙂
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO NEXT?
We have a variety of "perks" and rewards depending on the size of contribution you make. If you can make even the smallest investment, and if you want - share a quick update with your friends on social media it would be HUGE!
Thank you again!